Is this a sign maybe David Chase was onto something, the fact that nobody can stop talking about the thing, almost two weeks after it aired? Here’s some updates, fallout, and more parodies:
– The accompaniment to the finale, Journey’s 1981 hit, “Don’t Stop Believin’,” has surged back into the charts in the wake of the show’s publicity, reports Billboard.biz, up 371% in digital sales (currently residing at #26 on iTunes), with their Greatest Hits album up 111%. Grab A+D’s freestyle mix of the track for your next party: “Don’t Stop Believin’ In Planet Rock” (mp3)
– Wanda Sykes gave her theory about the show’s ending on Conan O’Brien last night: “He whacked his family. The son’s annoying, whining all the time, the daughter can’t park… he just whacked ’em.” Alternately, for evidence supporting the “Tony is dead” theory, check out, ahem, tonyisdead.com.
– Hillary Clinton’s spoof video drew over 500,000 hits to their website, according to her people, beating the day they launched the freakin’ campaign. Even Giuliani brought it up, saying “I still prefer my ‘Godfather’ imitation, but you know, I have a lot more practice at it.” Whichever random Clinton aide thought this thing up, give them a damn raise.
More parodies after the jump.
– The Pittsburgh Pirates are getting in on the act, with a little less success than the Clintons:
– Ever wonder what the Godfather would have been like, directed by David Chase? Well, now you know: